When it comes to finding a quality roofing contractor for your home or business needs, it’s important to do your research ahead of time. Thousands of families every year fall prey to the multitude of shady tactics employed by seemingly friendly roofing contractor companies.
If you’re looking for roofers in Bloomington, take the time to educate yourself when searching for the right contractor. With an investment as important as your roofing needs, you can’t afford to cut corners.
Important Considerations When Finding the Right Roofer
To get you started on the right path towards finding the perfect contractor for your roofing needs, here are some vital questions to ask your roofing contractor to avoid becoming a scam statistic.
- How much of an upfront deposit is required? While it is typical that roofing contractors require a deposit before work commences, anything above the 25-30% range may be a red flag. If you’re quoted 50% or higher, it’s recommended that you close the door on that pushy salesperson and look elsewhere.
- What type of licensing does your company have? Any reputable roofers in Bloomington will have established credentials such as licensure and insurance along with satisfied customer reviews to back up their claims.
- How long do you estimate the project will take? If a company is promising turn-around times that are too good to be true, it’s a red flag that that contractor may be more interested in the quantity of sales rather than the quality of work performed.
- Is the company “Storm Chasing”? Another common tactic employed by less-than-caring companies is to deploy sales crews within neighborhoods that experience frequent weather damage. If you’ve just had a strong wind storm and there is a pushy salesperson at the door, beware. Oftentimes, these types of companies perform low-quality work and prey upon people’s misfortune.
- How long has your company been in business? Again, companies with nothing to hide will have gleaming customer experiences and a long track record of projects to verify their promises.
Hiring a Trusted Roofing Contractor
When it comes to finding a trusted contractor for your valuable project, take the time to properly vet your options. By taking action to ensure that you are hiring a company that values quality over quantity, you will be saving yourself some serious headaches in the future.
For the best roofers in Bloomington, contact Cornerstone Roofing. With over 20 years of service, we are licensed and insured to provide excellent roofing services. Get a FREE estimate by calling us at (812) 300-0147.